3D Dentistry from Your Phenix City Family & Cosmetic Dentist
Today's dental technology makes dentistry more convenient and affordable than ever. If you have broken, missing or crooked teeth, dental imaging and restorative technologies provide Dr. Capra and Dr. Nix with tools to assist you with your smile goals.
When a tooth requires a crown, our dentists may recommend a CEREC® restoration. CEREC® (CEramicREConstruction) combines CAD/CAM technology with dental imaging software to design, create and place a crown in a single appointment.
The CEREC® process is streamlined – after your dentist prepares the tooth, our Design Assistants scan your teeth using a special camera to create 3D models of your smile. We then fabricate a custom crown to fit, and mill it in while you wait using natural-looking restorative ceramic materials.
By using digital impressions, we eliminate the need for messy impression materials, and, because your crown is delivered in the same appointment, you don't have to fuss with an annoying temporary or return for a second appointment. Our patients love the experience that CEREC® offers!
Cosmetic Dentistry & Clear Orthodontics
CEREC® digital impressions also play a primary role in virtual treatment planning for clear orthodontics.
Clear Orthodontics for Adults
Are your teeth crooked? Do you have gaps between your teeth? If you have avoided orthodontic treatment because of the appearance of wires and brackets, we have good news! Now, braces can be made of clear plastic, making them nearly invisible.
Clear aligners make wearing braces easy. The removable aligners allow you to continue to enjoy the foods you love, and there are no hassles with wires or brackets during brushing and flossing.
If you have crooked teeth, gaps between your teeth, an underbite or overbite, ClearCorrect™ may be the answer for your smile. Contact Us to schedule a consultation for adult orthodontics with Dr. Capra in our Phenix City dental office.
ClearCorrect™ achieves orthodontic tooth movement using clear plastic aligners. Here's how it works:
- At your orthodontic consultation appointment, Dr. Capra will perform a thorough dental examination, supported by digital x-rays and photographs. He will assess your oral health and orthodontic condition, and provide you with treatment recommendations based on your specific needs.
- If you are a candidate for clear braces, Dr. Capra and his clinical team will scan your teeth using CEREC® imaging technology to create 3D digital study models of your smile.
- Dr. Capra will work with the ClearCorrect™ orthodontic laboratory to create a series of plastic aligners to facilitate the desired movement of your teeth.
- You wear your clear aligners in a planned sequence for 6-20 months (determined by your case) and visit our office every few weeks for monitoring.
- At the end of your orthodontic treatment, you enjoy a straighter, healthier smile!